ITD3 Dev news #2 - Performance survey results
Infinitode 2 has been running a device survey since Aug '22 with the consent of the players. Thanks to everyone who have participated in our survey!
Survey results are available at dev.prineside.com/performance_report
The purpose of this survey
The collected data will help us better understand which devices we should aim for and which features we should / should not use in our upcoming game. I've also made it publicly available, just in case anyone would need it too.
Note: all of the statistics are collected from the devices supported by Infinitode 2. Although its requirements are quite low, some of the older / low end devices were not taken into account which makes these statistics slightly off the real-world values.
- Applying the filters according to the Infinitode 3 requirements shows that 98.96% of Desktop and 96.22% of Android Infinitode 2 players will still be able to play the sequel
- Android Documentation states that OpenGL ES 3.0 should be supported by Android 4.3+ and OpenGL ES 3.1 by Android 5.0+. In fact, 0.57% of Android 4.3+ devices and 1.64% of Android 5.0+ devices do not support the stated versions of OpenGL ES - that's what I've meant in the previous article (Android 8.0+ does not guarantee Infinitode 3 will run there)
- You can check if your Android device would be supported by Infinitode 3: search for your device model in the "Android device" fillter and check its OpenGL version (should be GLES 3.0+) / OS version (should be Android 8.0+) and Test results (should pass). Links provided here filter results by "Google Pixel 4 xl" - I'll use this device as a baseline to make sure the game runs at 90 FPS with high / 60 FPS with maximum graphics setting
- 96.38% of Android 8.0+ devices support Vulkan graphics (search for android.hardware.vulkan.version). Almost every Android 12+ device supports Vulkan
- Android Extension Pack (AEP) is supported by 96.32% of Android 4.1+ devices and on 98.68% of Android 8.0+ devices
- An average desktop device is 3.8x faster than an average Android device (in terms of multithreaded CPU compurations) and 4.5x faster than an average iOS device running on RoboVM (which is not a JRE / has no JIT compiler)
- 89.2% of desktop screens are FullHD (1920x1080) or larger. Infinitode 2 (and Infinitode 3) aims for a pixel-perfect graphics on the screens 1080px in height
- Also, some observations you can find at the bottom of the summary page
Also, some interesting (or not) info:
- Top 3 Android brands are Samsung, Redmi + Xiaomi and Google. Samsung, Redmi and Xiaomi devices make up 56.9% of all of the reports
- 72.7% of all of the Android 4.1+ devices have NFC, and it slowly becomes an "any device should have it" feature just like camera.flash / wifi / bluetooth features listed there.
- 27.8% of desktop players of Infinitode 2 have at least 2 monitors
- Poco X3 Pro is the most popular Android device among our players
- This one guy out of 136k players who has run Infinitode 2 on Arch Linux.
I hope you'll find these statistics interesting or useful
Salut. J'espère que le français n'est pas dérangeant si je ne peux pas communiquer avec vous en français, je le ferais en anglais bien que ce ne soit pas ma langue maternelle. Je voulais savoir, comment peut on devenir testeur de infinitode 3? J'ai joué sur le 1 et le 2 et je n'avais jamais vu autant de choix pour les tours, leurs fonctions, les arbres de compétences, je kiffe grave. J'aimerais vraiment pouvoir essayer ce nouveau jeu que je sens réalisé par des passionnés. Merci à toute l'équipe, j'adore votre travail. Merci à vous.ReplyDelete
Me too, I would love to try the long-awaited sequel, of course, after Infinitode 2 ChinaDelete
Oh, I use a galaxy tab A as asset so infinitode 2 run on it beautifully nd I hope the third will run too.ReplyDelete
Keep up good work.
I'd be honoured if you answered in 0 to 1 float, these questions are about the scope and similarity to Infinitode 2
Will the artstyle change much? 0 no 1 a lot.
Tower variety, 0 is definitely less than half towers; 1 is definitely more than double towers.
Challenge difficulty, 0 is easier, 1 is harder.
Challenge variety, 0 is definitely less than half different challenges. 1 is definitely more than double the current challenge variety.
Artstyle - not decided yet, tower variety - completely different and uncountable, challenge difficulty - probably the same but more balanced, challenge variety - definitely above 0.5. Can't be more precise at this moment, all I have is a list of goals and nothing to measureDelete
Hi. I love the way it is. The graphics, the difficulty, the gameplay, more new challenge can be great, but the all game is cool... so for me, do it as you like it. And you did it well on the last one so keep up the good work.Delete
And thanks for all the pleasure you give us.
Thanks for answering! This is exciting news! Hoping for the best in your endeavors.Delete
In future im suggest add chart's. :)ReplyDelete
Will it be possible to transfer part of the progress from version 2 to version 3?ReplyDelete
It will not be possible to transfer all of the progress (because it is mostly local / can be cheated) but I'll do my best to migrate accounts and some of the data / valuable stats linked to themDelete